Monday, December 7, 2009

Hurricane Katrina *Thoughts*

9/1/05

I'm sitting here watching the devastation that Hurricane Katrina left behind with tears in my eyes! It is so unimaginable the destruction that a storm can do like that. My friend Candace moved here almost 6 months ago from Gulfport, Mississippi so it hits pretty close to home. Her Mom and her 6 year old daughter fled to Birmingham, Alabama while her Mom's fiance choose to stay behind & ride out the storm only 2 miles from the Beach. Luckily he came out alive.....But his tales are rather gruesome of a trip to the gas station and seeing bodies float past him in the street.....There house had minimal damage to it, but they will not be able to return home for at least a month maybe more.....

I really wish there was something that I myself could do to help out. So all I can say is that those of you that can please donate to the Red Cross or help out in whatever way you can.....There is suppossed to be 4 more major Hurricanes this season, so please pray for the people down South to be safe! And hopefully the next few will not be quite as fatal.

My cousin & her family moved to the Gulf Coast of Mexico in Florida a few months ago, so I pray for them everyday.....I just really needed to get this off my chest after watching the news tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment